Welcome to the homeowners insurance section of our Web Site. This section covers the basics of homeowners insurance.
If you would like to get a quote on homeowners insurance, renters insurance, mobile home insurance, apartment building insurance, earthquake insurance, and flood insurance simply complete and submit the appropriate quote request form.
You’ve made your house into a home. It’s where you relax and spend time with loved ones surrounded by your favorite belongings. If something unfortunate should happen, it could jeopardize your entire household. Home insurance offers invaluable protection—not to mention peace of mind—so you can continue to enjoy everything you value.
What Coverage Does Home Insurance Provide?
Homeowners insurance may include these types of coverage:
- Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your house and can help repair or rebuild it if it’s damaged or destroyed by a covered loss. Some home insurance policies may also provide coverage for detached structures on your property, such as storage sheds, gazebos or carports.
- Liability protection can help pay medical bills and lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that policyholders or family members may cause to others or damage caused by pets. The liability portion may also pay for court costs and awards—up to your policy’s limit.
- Loss of use coverage may help pay for the costs of living away from your home if it becomes inhabitable due to damage from a covered event or loss. Hotel bills, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while rebuilding your house may also be covered.
- Possessions coverage may pay for furniture, clothing, sports equipment and other personal items stolen or destroyed in a covered loss. Expensive items such as jewelry, furs and silverware may also be covered. However, you may consider a personal property endorsement or floater to insure these items for their appraised value if they’re particularly high value.
How Much Coverage Do I Need?
The amount of home insurance coverage you need depends on your situation. Standard homeowners insurance may cover damage to a home’s structure, including fixtures, plumbing and heating. You should consider having enough insurance to cover rebuilding or repairing your home, minus your land cost. You may want additional coverage if you have luxury belongings or high-risk items, such as a swimming pool or trampoline. We can help you determine how much coverage you need.
What Does Home Insurance Cost?
The cost of your home insurance policy is based on numerous factors, including:
- Your deductible.
- The amount of coverage.
- Your home’s price and rebuild cost.
- Your home’s age and condition.
- Your home’s security and safety features.
- Where you live.
- Your credit history.
- Supplemental insurance you want.
Do I Need Supplemental Insurance?
Home insurance usually covers various types of damage or loss, but it won’t cover damage caused by natural disasters, such as flooding or earthquakes. If you live in an area prone to these events, you may want to purchase additional flood insurance and earthquake insurance. Many home insurance policies also won’t cover termite and insect damage, rodents or mold issues. We can help you decide what additional insurance may benefit your home.
Protect Your Home
Lohman Companies can help you with a home insurance policy that meets the needs of your home and family. We can help you get an appropriate policy for your home, property and belongings. Call us at 309-764-8331 to get started.